Oh, this was after renting a trailer and making three trips to get the wood. We ended up carrying 1.5 tons of wood into the trailer, then again into the house.
The pink bathroom’s gotta go…
This also doesn’t look like much but the wet drywall around the skylight needed to be replaced. Shown here after putting in two big pieces, taping and skim coating, priming and spraying with texture. It’s the least crappy looking drywall fix I’ve ever done!
Finally laying some floor (for real) in one of the bedrooms. This is unfinished engineered floating maple – which is way harder to get than it should be. It was the greenest solution we could find without going to a solid wood floor (which we couldn’t do without replacing the entire subfloor).
It started by wanting to replace a piece of sub floor that had some water damage from an old water heater leak. Then I realized there was nothing in the corner to support the new piece. Then I realized the outer joist (in the dark hole) was totally rotten.
This was mid February. We decided to push our move date out a month.
We finally had to call in some outside help. This is the other side of the dark hole (where a joist should be). After one expensive day we got a new joist and some patched up siding – the rest of which will need to be replaced sooner rather than later.
Meanwhile the deer don’t even bother to help. They just hang around.